• TENS – transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation
• Galvanic current – unidirectional current treatment
• Interference currents – medium frequency currents
• Diodynamic currents – low frequency currents with 4 different pulse frequency and durations
• Iontophoresis of drugs – the penetration of drugs into the skin by application of an electric current
• Electrostimulation – used to achieve muscle contraction and stimulation of nerve fibers.
The Special Hospital “Bukovička banja” is equipped with the latest equipment for the administration of electrotherapy procedures.
In order to apply magnetic therapy, we use apparatus which is the source of pulsed magnetic waves. Under the influence of the magnetic field, we can see improvement to the blood circulation in the body, elimination of the harmful elements from the cells and increased supply of oxygen in the cells.
Magnetic therapy advantages are: contactless method which does not require clothing removal, a small number of contraindications, it enhances activity of a large number of physical agents and it can also be applied immediately after the injury. The presence of metals is not a contraindication.