'Specialized Hospital 'Bukovicka banja' Arandjelovac is the health care institution which provides rehabilitation and treatment, using the most advanced therapeutic methods, applied together with the natural healing mineral waters, clay and climate.'
In accordance with their health specialization, the Special Hospital provides preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic services in:

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation,
• Pediatrics,
• Internal Medicine,
• Sports medicine,
• Laboratory diagnosis

 

Health services are provided to private parties and policyholders of the Republic Health Insurance Fund (RFZO)with prescription/refferal as outpatient services in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation services, and extended inpatient rehabilitation in areas of: rheumatology, respiratory diseases and injuries and diseases of sceletal system, required by the RFZO Regulations, and a complete inpatient rehabilitation of children and hospitalization services for children with diabetes.
There are two wards withing the special Hospital: Adult Rehabilitation ward a with 70 beds and a children’s ward with 40 beds. Both wards operate throughout the year.

Work hours:Infirmary- Outpatient services weekdays from 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM and on Saturdays from 7:00AM to2:30 PM.

Ward for treatment, education and rehabilitation of children and young adults is the only specialized ward in Serbia and sarrounding area, providing treatment, rehabilitation and education of children with diabetes.
Sports Medicine infirmary provides sport-medical examination and pre-competition testing of athletes, as well as diagnostics , treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries. Examinations are by appointment only.

<

<>

The operation of this Hospital is in alliance with reffered and respected educational and health institutions.
Specialized Hospital „Bukovička banja spa“ is a science teaching center of the University of Medicine in Kragujevac and Medical College in Ćuprija. Particular attention is paid to the professional and scientific development and presentation of our work to the world.
Our experts, with their presentations, attend professional conferences, and by a long tradition we are both organizers and hosts for conferences on the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of diabetes in children.

The long tradition and quality of provided services have placed us at the top of Serbian physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Our team of specialists will perform an exam and provide their expert opinion on appropriate therapy to rejuvenate your body. Medical programwe offer is based on the use of natural health remedies combined with modern methods of physical medicine and rehabilitation. With our rehabilitation program we also provide programs for preventative and recreational services as well as complete wellness exams.
About spa

<>Due to its long and abundant history and the fact that it was a favorite destination of Prince Milos and Obrenovic dynasty , Bukovička banja (a wellness spa) is included in the program "The Royal Spa's of Serbia."
It used to be fashionable center designed like the Western European spas, while today it is an important center for rehabilitation. Bukovička banja isbalneoklimatic wellness spa resort, where the direct and indirect effects of vegetation, water and air create a unique environment conducive to rest, extended stay and relaxation and provides an excellent field for all forms of recreation and sports training.
First of all, the wellness spa is unique because it is situated in one of the oldest and the most beautiful preserved city and spa parks in Serbia.

By the decree of the Government of the Republic of Serbia, park was declared a natural monument and buildings Staro zdanje and Pavilion of Prince Milos (Biveta) classified as important cultural heritage sites and the recommended to hold a status of the utmost importance.
Park of Bukovicka Spa is a unique museum of the largest collections of contemporary outdoor sculpture in a material – Venčački white marble, and is comparable with some of the world famous sculpture park – Oterlou in the Netherlands or Forvert Houston and in Texas. Besides the four cold mineral water sources, temperature ranging between 13-14 ° C, there is also a hypothermal source with a water temperature of 25 ° C .
Mineral spring waters vary in: temperature, the amount of carbonic acid and the concentration of minerals in the water. Mineral water contains sodium carbonate and calcium hydrocarbon, ferruginuos and carbonic acid.

<>

 

 

 

<>With the discovery of hipotermal spring in 1930. the number of treated ilnesses and disases in Bukovicka banja expanded. The facility where the patients are treated in Bukovička wellness spa is the specialized hospital "Bukovička Banja".
This special hospital is suitable for treatment of adults and children, and is the only division in entire Serbia dedicated solely to the extended treatment, education and rehabilitation of children with various forms of diabetes.
This specialized hospital for treatment and rehabilitation, uses mineral water and clay for its treatments.

History
<>
Soothing and healing waters of Bukovička banja were discovered in the district of the village Bukovik, which provided a name for the wellness spa.
Its healing effects were initially known only by the local villagers, shepherds and passers-by, but the word spread quickly due to its healing properties, and the spa became the most respected and the most visited spa centers and the center of the modern life style of Serbia in 19 century. The first written evidence of the use of mineral water dates years before 1811. It is a confirmed fact that one of the patients who came to uplift his health at the water spring was the famous educator and a writer, Dositej Obradović.
The first spring was discovered by chance-by Prince Miloš Obrenović during his visit to the village Vrbica, where he attended a traditional feast (The Celebration of St. Michael the Archangel, by which the city is named today).Prince Miloš was accompanied by a prominent physician and was taken to the nearby forest, and showed the spring of “iron water”, whose powers were widely praised. When the doctor confirmed what local farmers already knew, the prince purchased the forest with its miraculous spring for the price of two silver pistols and proceeded to lay the foundation for what is known today as healing wellness spa.A tradition to pour spring water into barrels and large glass bottles encased in wicker and to use the same as drinking water was born. The prince also requested the spring water to be issued and solely used at the palace.

The year 1836 is considered as the year when Bukovička Banja was founded. The same year is important for the creation of facilities, interior design and decorations and as the year when the spring mineral water received its first professional recognition for its ability to heal. The Chief Surgeon od Princedom Serbia, Dr Lindenmayer was the first to perform a detailed analysis of the water below Bukulja mount and who gave positive reviews in his book “Mineral water Analisys.” That same year, when he made a proper water analysis, Lindenmayer brought from Šabac the first group of patients to be treated in Bukovička banja, and then the arrival of patients from Ub, Valjevo, Kragujevac, Belgrade and Pešta and Budim begun.
The first bath was built from wood and was named Talpara (a hut). It was without a roof, with an in ground swimming pool which was covered by wooden planks and by which the bath was named. This was a cold water pool.

The hot water bath “Đulara” was built in 1887. It had 20 wooden bathtubs and the water was warmed by the warm steel cannon balls, which were tossed into the water. The first steam bath, the solid material construction, was built in 1870. which first had 18 bath tubs and then after the first renovation it was upgraded to 24 bath tubs. The mineral water was used for bathing, but mostly for drinking.

During the first decade of the twentieth century, in 1907. three wing pavilion Knjaz Miloš (Princ Miloš) was built above the spring bearing the same name. In the central part of the pavilion was a spring water, the northern wing housed the manual mineral water bottle filling, while the south wing housed an ice cream parlor.